Ways to help
1. Become a LSEY member. You can become a member by sending email to our Membership Secretary lsey.jasensihteeri(at)gmail.com. Please let us know your contact information. You will receive a confirmation letter as soon as the board has accepted your membership. The board normally has a meeting at least once in a month. You may end your membership by ignoring the annual membership fee.
2. Become a shelter volunteer. We rely on our wonderful volunteers to help with many aspects of our shelter operations. Without our volunteers, we couldn’t do all the good things we do. Animals are taken care of by volunteers every day of the year, so if you're an animal lover and you can find free time during the week or weekend, enroll yourself in the telephone number +358 400 183 118 (in Finnish) or lsey.elainkotipesa(at)gmail.com (also in English). We wish you are at least 18-years-old and have a little experience of animal care taking. The shelter volunteer is responsible for the shelter cleaning as well as feeding, medication, grooming and petting of the animals. The working shifts are agreed in advance. Animal Shelter Pesä is under renovation at the moment, so all the animals are looking for a new home at foster homes. However, if you are interested in enrolling as a shelter volunteer, please don't hesitate to contact us in lsey.elainkotipesa(at)gmail.com.
3. Become a foster home. We need foster homes mainly for animals that have just been sterilized or need a medication, but also for the situations when the animal shelter Pesä is fully occupied. You may become a foster home, for example, for a week or couple of months. LSEY covers veterinary costs as well as cat litter, food and other equipment. Please don't hesitate to ask for more information in our telephone number +358 50 555 1186 (in Finnish) or lsey.elainkotipesa(at)gmail.com (also in English). Animal Shelter Pesä is under renovation at the moment - all new foster homes are a great significance for us!
4. Bring your own ideas or know-how for the association to use. We are happy to get help in various fields of skills. Enroll in our teams, which certainly provide something to do for everyone. If you have an idea that could benefit us, please don’t hesitate to contact our Communications Manager in lsey.tiedottaja(at)gmail.com.
5. Donate supplies. LSEY relies on donated supplies and materials to help offset the cost of sheltering dozens of animals each year. We use our most needed items every single day. The most needed items are both quality cat and kitten food as well as clumping cat litter. The cats prefer anything else than the cheapest cat foods available in the market. For example, X-tra or Eldorado are not included in our wish list. In addition, you may donate anthelmintics, nutritional supplements, pet carriers, cat trees, scratching posts etc. We do also need cleaning supplies and detergents (disinfectant detergents in particular, such as Desinfektol or Virkon). We not able to take in bed linen, blankets, pillows etc. at the moment as we have run out of storage space due to the renovation of Animal Shelter Pesä and the move of our permanent storage space. If you are able to store such items for LSEY, please contact us!
We welcome supporters to drop off the items at Trimpet, Kaukaankatu 23, Lappeenranta. Starting on 1st of November, the new address for Trimpet is Standertskjöldinkatu 1, Lappeenranta, Finland, located in the same premises as vet clinic Loime. The supplies that exceed our own needs will be delivered to other animal welfare actors in the region, such as Animal Shelter Kaskivaara, Tassutarha or Vyborg Dogs Association.
6. Support us by purchasing items on our second hand stand (number C216) in Vilma's Second Hand Shop in Ratakatu 33, Lappeenranta, Finland. We receive all the items for the second hand shop as donations. The income of the sold items will be used completely for the animal welfare work. We not able to take in second hand donations at the moment as we have run out of storage space due to the renovation of Animal Shelter Pesä and the move of our permanent storage space. If you are able to store such items for LSEY, please contact us!
7. Donate our account FI14 5620 0920 0047 01 (BIC code OKOYFIHH). All the donations will be used for the benefit of animals. Legacy inquiries in lsey.elainkotipesa(at)gmail.com.
8. Donate our charity collecting boxes located in the following premises:
Kaukaan Pharmacy, Standertskjöldinkatu 6, 53200 Lappeenranta
Pharmacy Lappeenrannan I Apteekki, Puhakankatu 9, 53600 Lappeenranta
Pet Supplies Store Musti & Mirri Lappeenranta Myllymäki, Kauppiaankatu 2, 53550 Lappeeranta
Pet Supplies Store Musti & Mirri Lappeenranta Leiri, Teollisuuskatu 6, 53600 Lappeenranta
Rahulan Rehu, Kaakkoiskaari 22, 53500 Lappeenranta
Kesämäen leipomo, Karakonkatu 3, 53810 Lappeenranta
Sammonlahden apteekki, Orioninkatu 2, 53850 Lappeenranta
Trimpet, Kaukaankatu 23, 53200 Lappeenranta
Pet Supplies Store Norppis, Kanava-aukio 2, 55100 Imatra
Pet Supplies Store SuperPet Imatra, Tietäjänkatu 2, 55100 Imatra
S-Market Taipalsaari, Kuhatie 5, 54915 Saimaanharju
9. By giving a home for a homeless pet. Please remember the pet will possibly be over 10 years on your responsibility, depending on the species and age. Do not adopt an animal without further consideration! We wish all of the animals adopted from us will get permanent, loving and life-long homes.
10. Take care of your own pet! The greatest favor you can do for our animal welfare association (and for your pet too) is to take good care of his or her everyday well-being. A sick pet must always be taken to a vet. Please keep your pet on a leash or in an enclosure when outdoors in order to avoid your pet getting in to a danger or causing harm to others. In case you see a mistreated or neglected animal, please contact the animal welfare administrator of your area as soon as possible.
On behalf of the animals, thank you for your generosity! We wish you welcome to act together for the benefit of animals!